Re: DBA to Developer ratio

From: John Thomas <jt2354_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 10:56:37 +0000

I think it's true to say "it depends".

In addition to the points made above, important factors are whether there is a separate development and production support team and whether the operation is 16x7, 24x7. For example, two DBAs might be a viable team for an 8x5 operation, but for 24x7 you might need a minimum of six in three shifts...

I don't think there's any magic "right answer". The amount of work created for DBAs by developers also depends on the developers level of experience of the database, whether you're using "SmartDB" techniques, etc... It depends.

Regards

John Thomas