Finding OEM future scheduled jobs

From: Dave Herring <gdherri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 11:08:20 -0600

Folks,

We have downtime scheduled for 2 of our 12c OEMs (12.1.0.4 OMS) Saturday night starting at 11pm. I know some OEM job executions will occur within the window and also know that once the OMS is back up it'll immediately schedule single executions that were missed, but what I currently don't have is a way to programmatically determine ALL executions that will be missed within the downtime.

Within the Console in Job Activity you can see the next scheduled execution for all jobs, but if a job is scheduled every Tues and Sat and it's currently Monday, for example, you don't see that the Sat execution will happen because, obviously, it's not scheduled yet. Same with "get_jobs" option of "emcli". What I'd like to do is run a cursor that determines for a given time window what all job executions should happen. I know that I can use FREQUENCY_CODE and INTERVAL off of MGMT_JOB_SCHEDULE to calculate future executions, but I was wondering if anyone has already written this logic and would be willing to share. Or maybe I missed something and this kind of functionality already exists.

After writing the above it sounds like I'm being lazy but, well, I am. I'm mainly hoping to not re-invent something if I don't have to. I did a few searches but as always, I didn't find a lot written about OEM jobs.

Thx.

--

Dave

--