Re: Datapump question

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 09:42:48 -0500

With the advent of cloud and DBaaS, data pump becomes awkward. However, even Oracle 18c maintains the good, old exp/imp executables which can be used instead. Ttue, data pump versions are much faster, but there is no need to copy files locally and there are no limits with the number of columns.

Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant
Tel: (347) 321-1217
On 1/22/2019 3:03:23 PM, Adric Norris <landstander668_at_gmail.com> wrote: I'm not sure what version you're on, but 11.2.0.4 had a limit of something like 8-10 columns (going from memory, so the exact number is a bit fuzzy). We opened a SR for it at the time, and Oracle's response was that you need to purchase Oracle Data Redaction if the built-in Datapump limit is insufficient.

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 11:47 AM Ahmed <gherrami_at_gmail.com [mailto:gherrami_at_gmail.com]> wrote:

I try to export a table using DBMS_DATAPUMP. The table has 20 columns and I try to anonymise 11 columns using functions from package. Like this way:

dbms_datapump.data_remap(handle => h1, name => 'COLUMN_FUNCTION', table_name => 'TEST_TABLE', column => 'COL1', function => 'MYPKG.FU1', schema => USER);

but it seems that work only for 10 columns. If I try to anonymize more than 10 columns I get ORA-39001 invalid input argument at datapump job definition.

Is this a bug or maybe a restriction? Any Idea?

Best Regards
Ahmed Fikri
Senior Developer
Stuttgart, Germany