Re: Characterset change

From: Upendra nerilla <nupendra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 02:53:07 +0000

You are correct, characterset is AL32UTF8.

Thanks for sharing the conversation Rich. That thread discussed a lot of tools, I will look into it.. GG may be out of reach from budget perspective.

-Upendra

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Rich J <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com> Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2019 3:41 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Characterset change

On 2019/01/16 14:11, Upendra nerilla wrote:

We have looked at DB Migration Assistant and DataPump as possible options. Both involves quite a bit of downtime, wondering if there is a better way to perform this activity? Would Transportable tablespace be an option?

This thread from last year may help: https://www.freelists.org/post/oracle-l/Database-migration-options

Also, make sure those character sets are specifically supported for the migration in v12.1, as the destination must be a superset of the source:

https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/NLSPG/applocaledata.htm

I don't see "AL16UTF8" there anywhere...perhaps you meant "AL32UTF8"? Also presuming "AL16UTF16" for the national character set...

Rich

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Jan 17 2019 - 03:53:07 CET

Original text of this message