Re: Huge plain inserts response time bad with db file sequential read wait event.

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 09:57:26 +0100 (CET)

Hello Rakesh,

We can not make any reliable statement based on the given data (e.g. array inserts, DML restart, I/O latency histograms, etc.?) but you might be able to run SQLd360 (https://github.com/sqldb360/sqldb360/archive/v18.3.zip) for the SQL-ID g4cf65js6kjf0 and send us the output.

> b) Why CPU costing is showing as off in the execution plan for OGG queries only?

The most common reason might be that you have an old PLAN_TABLE in combination with DBMS_XPLAN usage - this results in the misleading "cpu costing is off" message.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Independent Oracle performance consultant and researcher Website: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK