RE: Oracle Development on 18c XE

From: <post.ethan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 10:55:21 -0600

I will roll my own (I hear the “don’t do its”.)

I have already built one for shell and I love it. I might have gone with shunit2 but it didn’t look like it was being maintained at the time I built mine. It is now. I am very particular about things. Probably a flaw.

Since I have a solid design in shell already porting to PL/SQL should not be too hard and I might even just extend the shell framework to call into the DB.

From: Jacek Gębal <jgebal_at_gmail.com> Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 5:04 PM To: post.ethan_at_gmail.com
Cc: Tim Hall <tim_at_oracle-base.com>; Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>; ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: Oracle Development on 18c XE

 I heard unit testing, so side question:

What do you use for unit testing? Did you try utPLSQL v3?

Cheers

Jacek

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, 05:09 <post.ethan_at_gmail.com <mailto:post.ethan_at_gmail.com> wrote:

This is just for development of a automation/monitoring schema in the DB. Performance, built in packages and so on. The issue is if the data is the same in the views coming back from XE that it is from EE, especially for things like multitenant. Can I expect roughly the same data/columns? Sounds like it is at least good enough to get started and I can always test in SE/EE later. I build unit tests so I will know pretty much right away if something is broken.

Thanks for the feedback.