RE: Data Guard Creating Issue

From: Sweetser, Joe <JSweetser_at_icat.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 17:30:12 +0000

Personally, I would run a diff on them. Or at least la long listing to verify the size is the same. I have run into weirdness more than once with password files and data guard.

-joe

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of Scott Canaan Sent: Monday, December 17, 2018 10:19 AM To: gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: Data Guard Creating Issue

The password file was created as part of the DG creation.

Scott Canaan '88
Sr Database Administrator
Information & Technology Services
Finance & Administration
Rochester Institute of Technology
o: (585) 475-7886 | f: (585) 475-7520
srcdco_at_rit.edu<mailto:srcdco_at_rit.edu> | c: (585) 339-8659 CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Mladen Gogala Sent: Monday, December 17, 2018 12:14 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: Data Guard Creating Issue

Hi Scott,

Please check whether your password file is the same on both the primary and standby. Oracle support claims it's a password issue:

Data Guard Broker reported ORA-16664 (Doc ID 1390892.1) You may to scp the password file from the primary to the standby.

On 12/17/18 11:11 AM, Scott Canaan wrote: I am trying to do a data guard creation via Enterprise Manager. It restores everything via RMAN correctly, but can't create the data guard.

I am getting an ORA-16664 and ORA-16665, but I can't figure out what is causing them.

This is Oracle 12.1.0.2.

Unfortunately, I'm under the gun time-wise.

--

Mladen Gogala

Database Consultant

Tel: (347) 321-1217

This e-mail transmission and any attachments that accompany it may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law and is intended solely for the use of the individual's to whom it was intended to be addressed. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, or you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use or retention of this communication or its substance is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately reply to the author via e-mail that you received this message by mistake and also permanently delete the original and all copies of this e-mail and any attachments from your computer. Please note that coverage cannot be bound or altered by sending an email. You must receive written confirmation from a representative of our firm to put coverage in force or make changes to an existing policy.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Dec 17 2018 - 18:30:12 CET

Original text of this message