RE: Enterprise Manager Application Data Modelling question

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_westnet.com.au>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 10:50:52 +1100

Gah! When I went to the same page this morning the screen displays properly!!!

Damn I hate inconsistent issues! ☹

Pete

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of Pete Sharman Sent: Monday, November 19, 2018 10:43 AM To: christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com; 'Courtney Llamas' <courtney.llamas_at_oracle.com> Cc: 'Jeff Chirco' <backseatdba_at_gmail.com>; 'Tim Gorman' <tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com>; 'Niall Litchfield' <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>; 'Chris Stephens' <cstephens16_at_gmail.com>; 'oracle-l-freelist' <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: RE: Enterprise Manager Application Data Modelling question

Folks

Sorry I haven’t responded. For those of you that know my history, you’d probably be aware that I have chronic pain issues which raises its ugly head every so often. It’s not that I’m scared of Courtney, you understand (Well, all right, it is that really!) 😉

I’ll be looking into all the good suggestions here today I hope, and will get back to people.

Pete

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> > On Behalf Of Chris Taylor Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2018 10:02 AM To: Courtney Llamas <courtney.llamas_at_oracle.com <mailto:courtney.llamas_at_oracle.com> > Cc: Jeff Chirco <backseatdba_at_gmail.com <mailto:backseatdba_at_gmail.com> >; Tim Gorman <tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com <mailto:tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com> >; Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com <mailto:niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> >; Chris Stephens <cstephens16_at_gmail.com <mailto:cstephens16_at_gmail.com> >; peter.sharman_at_westnet.com.au <mailto:peter.sharman_at_westnet.com.au> ; oracle-l-freelist <oracle-l_at_freelists.org <mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org> > Subject: Re: Enterprise Manager Application Data Modelling question

If this was Reddit, I'd gold you lol

Chris

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018, 5:39 PM Courtney Llamas <courtney.llamas_at_oracle.com <mailto:courtney.llamas_at_oracle.com> wrote:

Jeff – that is inaccurate. Again, speculation and rumors.

Please contact me offline if you have any concerns. I’m not entertaining this discussion any longer on the mail list.

--
- Courtney

<http://www.oracle.com/>
Courtney Llamas | Consulting Member of Technical Staff Phone: <tel:+2814108258> +2814108258 | Mobile: <tel:+8324720596> +8324720596 Oracle Strategic Customer Program Oracle
<http://www.oracle.com/commitment>
Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment From: Jeff Chirco <backseatdba_at_gmail.com <mailto:backseatdba_at_gmail.com> > Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 4:36 PM To: Tim Gorman <tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com <mailto:tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com> > Cc: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com <mailto:niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> >; Courtney Llamas <courtney.llamas_at_oracle.com <mailto:courtney.llamas_at_oracle.com> >; Chris Stephens <cstephens16_at_gmail.com <mailto:cstephens16_at_gmail.com> >; peter.sharman_at_westnet.com.au <mailto:peter.sharman_at_westnet.com.au> ; oracle-l-freelist <oracle-l_at_freelists.org <mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org> > Subject: Re: Enterprise Manager Application Data Modelling question Wait did I miss some news update? Are you saying that there is currently not a development team for Enterprise Manager? I use EM Cloud Control 13c for my on-prem databases. On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 9:51 AM Tim Gorman <tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com <mailto:tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com> > wrote: I recall Larry responding to an audience question several OOW's ago: "Are you planning to buy the San Francisco 49ers (US football team)?" Larry paused, leaned forward to the microphone, and responded, "In order to be buyer, there has to be a seller". In order for there to be a new release, there has to be a development team. On 11/14/18 08:32, niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com <mailto:niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> wrote: There was a new release in July this year! I get that the positioning from Oracle is unclear, but that seems a stretch, especially as there's no sign of the management cloud acquiring complete db management capabilities on-premises for example On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 3:30 PM Tim Gorman <tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com <mailto:tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com> > wrote: Courtney, Thank you so much for your carefully written response, but the statement "EM is not going anywhere" has many facets. I think what is being asked (and to which we accept that you cannot and should not respond in this forum) is that nobody should be expecting future releases of EM. Thanks! -Tim On 11/14/18 06:55, Courtney Llamas wrote: Pete stop spreading vicious rumors ;) EM is not going anywhere, just not the focus for Cloud deployments. Folks with on-premises db’s can use either OEM or OMC, or a combination of the two. Send me the SR and I’ll have someone look into it ;) -- - Courtney
<http://www.oracle.com/>
Courtney Llamas | Architect Phone +7133742102 | Mobile: +8324720596 Oracle Strategic Customer Program Oracle
<http://www.oracle.com/> Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment

<http://www.oracle.com/>

<http://www.oracle.com/> From: Chris Stephens <cstephens16_at_gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 8:50 AM To: peter.sharman_at_westnet.com.au Cc: Tim Gorman <tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com>; oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: Enterprise Manager Application Data Modelling question
<http://www.oracle.com/>

<http://www.oracle.com/> this is the second oracle-l thread where the future of EM has been questioned. is the product going away in the future? will it be replaced by something else for shops that run their own databases?

<http://www.oracle.com/>

<http://www.oracle.com/>

<http://www.oracle.com/> On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 6:03 PM <peter.sharman_at_westnet.com.au> wrote:

<http://www.oracle.com/> Looking at other options is not on the table, Tim.