Re: Oracle multi Tb refresh for UAT from Prod

From: <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 10:36:55 +0000

CoW is one of *two* alternative options for creating snapshots, PURE, IBM and no doubt other vendors use Redirect on Write which doesn't impose the same write penalty see for example
https://storageswiss.com/2016/04/01/snapshot-101-copy-on-write-vs-redirect-on-write/ .

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA