Re: How to migrate/recreate LOB indexes to/on another database

From: Sundar Mahadevan <sundarmahadevan82_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 13:39:28 -0800

The issue i face is that I find the LOB object_name in dba_objects but not in dba_lobs and i do not find any mention of this LOB column LOB_CAS_AGENT_NOTES in TOAD script generator while I see other LOB columns in there. In the same table, I notice other LOB columns created as BasicFile LOB. I wonder if the previous upgrade performed 8 years back that predated me had the metadata imported somehow while the LOB columns don't really exist. Is that even a possibility?

SQL>select OWNER,TABLE_NAME,COLUMN_NAME from dba_lobs where column_name = 'LOB_CAS_AGENT_NOTES'; no rows selected

SQL>select * from dba_objects where object_name = 'LOB_CAS_AGENT_NOTES';

OWNER

OBJECT_NAME
SUBOBJECT_NAME                            OBJECT_ID       DATA_OBJECT_ID
OBJECT_TYPE         CREATED              LAST_DDL_TIME
TIMESTAMP           STATUS  T G S            NAMESPACE EDITION_NAME

ARGUS_APP
LOB_CAS_AGENT_NOTES
                                              21706                21706
LOB                 2011-AUG-21 06:53:30 2011-AUG-21 06:53:30
2011-08-21:06:53:30 VALID   N N N                    8