Re: 12c upgrade slow

From: Rich J <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 14:36:44 -0600

On 2018/11/05 13:21, Jeff Chirco wrote:

> Thanks for all the tips so far. Yes I am gathering dictionary stats and fixed object stats right before.
> Here is the output summary. I test the memory setting and processes. And Tim I'll look for an AWR.
>
> Oracle Server
> UPGRADED
> 12.2.0.1.0
> 0:46:24
>
> JServer JAVA Virtual Machine
> VALID
> 12.2.0.1.0
> 0:39:56
>
> Oracle Workspace Manager
> UPGRADED
> 12.2.0.1.0
> 0:04:03
>
> Oracle Label Security
> UPGRADED
> 12.2.0.1.0
> 0:01:43
>
> Oracle XDK
> UPGRADED
> 12.2.0.1.0
> 0:00:36
>
> Oracle Text
> UPGRADED
> 12.2.0.1.0
> 0:05:11
>
> Oracle XML Database
> UPGRADED
> 12.2.0.1.0
> 0:12:28
>
> Oracle Database Java Packages
> UPGRADED
> 12.2.0.1.0
> 0:00:22
>
> Oracle Multimedia
> UPGRADED
> 12.2.0.1.0
> 0:21:32
>
> Spatial
> UPGRADED
> 12.2.0.1.0
> 0:24:01
>
> Oracle Application Express
> VALID
> 18.1.0.00.45
> 0:00:07
>
> Oracle Database Vault
> UPGRADED
> 12.2.0.1.0
> 0:02:50
>
> Final Actions
>
> 0:03:54
>
> Post Upgrade
>
> 0:00:50
>
> Total Upgrade Time: 02:46:46

On the off chance it's an option, uninstalling unused Enterprise options should help, especially for Spatial and Multimedia. If that is an option, be prepared to pull any hair out that you have in order to accomplish that task. I did that for 10.1 -> 11.2, and needed multiple MOS articles, multiple SRs, and to fix one of Oracle's fixes that didn't work as documented. In the end, it was worth it, as it saved costly downtime for the business.

Rich