Re: Storage choice for Oracle database on VMware

From: <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 18:06:19 +0000

ASM also requires 8GB ram in 18. In a vm environment that's a pretty big overhead. Not a reason not to do it, but a consideration. You'll also want to think about what your admins are used to and what vmware refer to as day 2 operations. Disk add, FS expansion, backup etc. There are some specifics for vmware for databases that you may find your vm admins don't immediately buy into.