Re: M000 process larger PGA size in Linux X64 than Windows X64

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 12:51:07 +0100 (CET)

Hey Jeffrey,
huge pages have nothing to do with PGA (= private heap memory) and transparent huge pages should be disabled for Oracle anyway.

For the beginning just follow my document (starting on page 16) for troubleshooting the PGA usage: http://www.soocs.de/public/talk/161115_DOAG2016_Hacking_Oracles_Memory_About_Internals_Troubleshooting_PDF.pdf

There are cases when v$process_memory_detail does not show anything (useful) and you have to use Intel's PinTools for deeper investigations but let's don't go this way first.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Independent Oracle performance consultant and researcher Website: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK