Improvement in performance setting lower limit for memory parameters

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jcdrpllist_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 13:49:40 -0400

Sharing that I got an improvement
1) setting lower limits to avoid automatic management reduce them.

I discovered them, because the upgrade parameter file had default values in some parameters, suggested by Oracle, and having less total memory performed better in some processes.
So I tested restoring backups and testing the effect of each parameter, and I got setting this three parameters improved the performance in 10%, without any other change, in a specific computer and environment of course, I don't think this could reply to all situations.

ALTER system set JAVA_POOL_SIZE= 50123456 scope=spfile; alter system set SHARED_POOL_SIZE =350123456 scope=spfile;
--ALTER system set streams_pool_size= 50123456 scope=spfile;
alter system set db_cache_size= 500123456 scope=spfile;

2) Additionally I got another improvement flushing before the process, both shared_pool and buffer cache.
The reason is because the database execute too different queries, and too different tables.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Oct 25 2018 - 19:49:40 CEST

Original text of this message