18c client Net Manager is missing Directory

From: Yong Huang <"Yong>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 21:07:56 +0000 (UTC)

I have 11.2.0.4 Oracle client. When I launch Net Manager, I see Directory menu or folder in addition to Local under Oracle Net Configuration. I also see Directory sub-menu under the Command pull-down menu.

I recently installed 18c client. Everything (sqlplus, tnsping, etc.) works, except that Net Manager does not have Directory folder either under Oracle Net Configuration or under Command. I thought I missed installing some components. So I launch OUI again (C:\...\product\18.0.0\client_1\oui\bin\setup.exe). I see these products already installed:

Under Oracle Client 18c 18.0.0.0.0, I have Oracle Database Utilities 18.0.0.0.0
Oracle Java Client 18.0.0.0.0
SQL*Plus 18.0.0.0.0
Oracle JDBC/THIN Interfaces 18.0.0.0.0
Oracle Internet Direcotry Client 18.0.0.0.0 Oracle Call Interface (OCI) 18.0.0.0.0
Oracle Net 18.0.0.0.0
Oracle Netca Client 18.0.0.0.0
Oracle ODBC Driver 18.0.0.0.0

What could possibly be responsible for the missing Directory folder in my new Net Manager? If I try to do a new install, I see these two products available that I had not installed:

Oracle Connection Manager 18.0.0.0.0
Oracle Net Litener 18.0.0.0.0

Can these two add the Directory folder to my Net Manager? According to an old document "Export Net Service Names" Option used to export TNS entries to OID is missing in Net Manager (Doc ID 1379290.1) if I didn't have ldap.ora, I would have this problem (i.e. only a grayed-out "Test Services..." under the Command menu). But I do have ldap.ora in C:\...\product\18.0.0\client_1\network\admin.

Yong Huang