Re: Can we have pending system statistics in 11g /RC for plan switch between NL & HJ

From: Franck Pachot <franck_at_pachot.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 17:03:59 +0200

Hi,

Unfortunately, we cannot have pending statistics, but:  1- statistics history works
 2- cursors are not invalidated
This means that you may be able to test new system stats before all queries use them. Keep an eye on the system and be ready to react. After your change and in the rolling invalidation window (5 hours) after stats gathering.
Of course, test what I say on your version before doing it in prod. Then you verify that it is right, and you prepare your fallback scripts.

If you want to estimate the cost difference between two MREADTIM, you can compare the 'multi block Cost per block' in https://blog.dbi-services.com/oracle-system-statistics-display-auxstats-with-calculated-values-and-formulas/ and
apply this factor to multiblock reads.

Regards,
Franck.