RE: Update passwords in OEM through script

From: Courtney Llamas <courtney.llamas_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 09:36:53 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, there’s an EMCLI cmd that will update the pwd for you on the target side.

https://blog.pythian.com/change-database-passwords-oem/

http://www.redstk.com/saving-you-15-minutes-em13-1-blog-blitz-new-emcli-command-for-db-account-management/

The update pwd feature is available in OEM 12c.

--

- Courtney

http://www.oracle.com/
Courtney Llamas | Consulting Member of Technical Staff Phone: HYPERLINK "tel:+2814108258"+2814108258 | Mobile: HYPERLINK "tel:+8324720596"+8324720596 Oracle Strategic Customer Program

Oracle

http://www.oracle.com/commitment

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com> Sent: Friday, September 21, 2018 10:12 AM To: oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Update passwords in OEM through script

EM Cloud Control v12c

Oracle DB v11.2.0.4

We have an audit project wherein password changes are required at certain intervals or when a DBA leaves the company.  The DBA in charge of the project is not familiar with Oracle so has asked me how to script something that can change all the relevant passwords in OEM rather than doing them manually.

Should it be done?  Can it be done safely?  If it is safe to do so, can anyone point me to docs or scripts that I can reference?

Thank you,

--

Sandy B.