Changing passwords outside of OIM

From: Leroy Kemnitz <lkemnitz_at_uwsa.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 14:37:51 +0000

All -

Does anyone else use OIM 11.1 to manage database user passwords? I am running OIM 11.1.2.3 on Linux 6. I am also using ldapsync to sync changes to OID. I have a scheduled job every 5 min to sync changes between OIM and OID.

I have several users that have attempted to change their passwords for their database accounts thru an outside application such as SQL Developer or Toad. This has caused weird/out of sync passwords statuses.

Has anyone figured out a way to stop end users from being to do this, or from letting the attempted change be successful in OID? Is there a way to handle this differently?

Any ideas?