Re: Instrumenting Poor performance

From: Mark Burgess <mark_at_burgess-consulting.com.au>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 15:19:58 +1000

Upendra,

if you have MOS access take a look through note # 290614.1.

If you are only seeing this at specific times of the month check the frequency of the stats collection jobs - note that you must use the ‘Gather% Statistics’ concurrent programs to collect stats and not dbms_stats.

Reporting in EBS is typically based on period - and date. Possible that you just need to refresh stats more regularly around month end processing to ensure that the stats reflect the current month and are not stale.

Regards,

Mark