Re: dba mentor

From: Martin Klier - Performing Databases GmbH <martin.klier_at_performing-db.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 10:56:33 +0200 (CEST)

Niall,

briliant :) Did coaching for three "generations" of new DBAs in my career, and you hit 180.

One thing I'd like to add (or clarify) is teaching self-organization under pressure. Often new guys enjoy the blessing of having no ancient burdens, but stabilizing our own personal performance under various pressures is a very useful skill from the beginning. Just to mention: system down, manager pressing, half-true facts rolling in. How to keep your head above the waves?

Stay safe

--
Martin Klier | Performing Databases GmbH
Managing Partner | Senior DB Consultant

martin.klier_at_performing-db.com | https://www.performing-databases.com