Re: Create 12c or 18c database in traditional architecture

From: Jeff Chirco <backseatdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 20:59:11 -0700

Hi John thanks for your comments. Regarding NetApp - I was on Windows and I don't think it was supported on that platform. If it was then I was told or read wrong back then.
I never did any tests with 4 traditional vs 4 PDBs and 1 CDB or 4 on 4. That would be a good test and I am sure I might be surprised. I should test that. We have a small footprint and maybe it could help with our CPU utilization. And having only to patch the one database is really convenient but then again its just the 4 on this server. But then again saving time anywhere is beneficial.

Jeff