ACL question

From: Storey, Robert (DCSO) <"Storey,>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 18:53:02 +0000

Okay you ACL smart folks.

I'm new to ACL. I have a package that allows me to perform basic FTP using UTL_TCP and such. I created the acl using the SYS user so it owns it. I assigned an acl name and principle (sys). I then added the connect and resolve privileges for Sys to the ACL. I repeated this for SYSTEM.

I have an IP address that I do my FTP to. I did the Assign_acl command and assigned the IP to the ACL along with 21 as the upper and lower limit of the port.

A check of dba_network_acls shows the ACL exists and has the correct IP listed for HOST, the correct port numbers, and the correct ACL. A check of _acl_privileges shows the correct privileges for the sys user.

When I attempt to open the connection using UTL_TCP.OPEN_CONNECTION with the host and port number, I get the ORA-024247 error about ACL permissions. I can't get past this error.

I also checked the ACL via the EM page. It shows the ACL in its list, but, when I view it, I don't see any users listed in principle. It shows Sys as the owner, but is not listied as part of the principles. Nor are the other 2 users I added privileges for.

Oh, and from the command line on the server I can FTP easily to the destination site. I am running toad from my workstation, connected to the database, and executing my test scripts there.

What am I missing? It's gotta be something simple....