Re: Create 12c or 18c database in traditional architecture

From: Tim Hall <tim_at_oracle-base.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 14:59:29 +0100

I don't think it's just regression tests that matter. It's the fact that all the developers are working with it constantly during the development process, so it's getting a lot of hours over the development process that non-CDB isn't now.

Regarding the regressions, I remember hearing someone say Oracle are keen to get rid of the non-CDB stuff as they currently have to do regression testing on both architectures, so getting rid of non-CDB would halve the amount of testing necessary. Not sure how accurate that was/is, but it sounds reasonable. :)

Cheers

Tim...