RE: Create 12c or 18c database in traditional architecture

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 23:54:00 -0400

Tim listed a lot of good reasons for single PDB/CDB and gave a really good “except-if” list.

I will add two more reasons pro container, and one is relevant to your mention of long:

Ever try to get a “long” bug fixed or get something about “long” enhanced?

And the code path for PDB/CDB will be more exercised, especially by support.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Stefan Knecht Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 10:34 PM
To: oracle-l-freelists
Subject: Re: Create 12c or 18c database in traditional architecture

On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 8:50 AM, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote:

I would choose flat database, without a PDB.

Me too, yes.

Also, when exactly was it that LONG was deprecated? 10 years ago? 15 years? Yet today it's still all over the place in the dictionary.

//

zztat - The Next-Gen Oracle Performance Monitoring and Reaction Framework!

Visit us at <http://zztat.net/> zztat.net | _at_zztat_oracle | fb.me/zztat | zztat.net/blog/