RE: Create 12c or 18c database in traditional architecture

From: Testa, Joseph S <TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 16:07:36 +0000

Definitely the single CDB/PDB concept, that way people get used to it and it will still be supported in later versions.

Joe

Quit doing what is easy and do what is right.

[Joe_Testa_Color_LinkedIn-2]

Joseph Testa
Database Services Security

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Yong Huang Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 12:00 PM To: Oracle-l Digest Users <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: [EXTERNAL] Create 12c or 18c database in traditional architecture

Nationwide Information Security Warning: This is an external email. Do not click on links or open attachments unless you trust the sender.

When creating a 12c or 18c database without the multitenancy license, I can (1) create the database with one CDB and only one PDB, or (2) create the database in the traditional or non-CDB architecture. The advantage of (2) is possibly less buggy, less overhead (no mgmtdb on RAC for instance), and slightly easier management. But the disadvantage is that Oracle does not recommend it and that "(t)he non-CDB architecture was deprecated in Oracle Database 12c. It can be desupported and unavailable in a release after Oracle Database 19c."

Short of a formal survey, I'd like to know which option you all have chosen. Thank you!

Yong Huang

image002.jpg
</a>
(image/jpeg attachment: image002.jpg)