Re: rman fail on backup control file

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 11:39:10 +0700

On *nix the first place I'd look is /var/log/messages - surely there's something similar on Windows? I'd look there (windows event log?) for any storage or I/O related errors when these failed reads happen?

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 7:02 AM, LK <lkaing_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Please show me this:
>
> 1) In SQL*Plus as DBA:
>
> SQL> show parameter control
>
> 2) run some more RMAN backup tests to the 2 locations, choosing a small
> sized datafile, eg. datafile 4,
>
> RMAN> backup datafile 4 format 'C:\ORACLEXE\APP\ORACLE\PRODUC
> T\10.2.0\SERVER\DATABASE\df4_%U.bk';
> RMAN> backup current controlfile format 'C:\ORACLEXE\APP\ORACLE\PRODUC
> T\10.2.0\SERVER\DATABASE\ctl_%U.bk';
>
> Cheers,
>
> Leng.
>

> On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 1:57 AM, Gus Spier <gus.spier_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I apologize if this has been mentioned before and I missed it.
>>
>> You are certain that the physical disk you are trying to write to is
>> entirely serviceable? It is not possible that the disk that houses block
>> 10014 is failing, right?
>>
>> v/r,
>>
>> Gus
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 10:56 AM Jeff Chirco <backseatdba_at_gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for your help. It would be weird if it was permissions as this
>>> has worked for years.
>>>
>>> RMAN> show all;
>>>
>>> using target database control file instead of recovery catalog
>>> RMAN configuration parameters are:
>>> CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY TO REDUNDANCY 2;
>>> CONFIGURE BACKUP OPTIMIZATION OFF; # default
>>> CONFIGURE DEFAULT DEVICE TYPE TO DISK; # default
>>> CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP ON;
>>> CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP FORMAT FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO '%F'; #
>>> default
>>> CONFIGURE DEVICE TYPE DISK PARALLELISM 1 BACKUP TYPE TO BACKUPSET; #
>>> default
>>> CONFIGURE DATAFILE BACKUP COPIES FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO 1; # default
>>> CONFIGURE ARCHIVELOG BACKUP COPIES FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO 1; # default
>>> CONFIGURE MAXSETSIZE TO UNLIMITED; # default
>>> CONFIGURE ENCRYPTION FOR DATABASE OFF; # default
>>> CONFIGURE ENCRYPTION ALGORITHM 'AES128'; # default
>>> CONFIGURE ARCHIVELOG DELETION POLICY TO NONE; # default
>>> CONFIGURE SNAPSHOT CONTROLFILE NAME TO 'C:\ORACLEXE\APP\ORACLE\PRODUC
>>> T\10.2.0\SE
>>> RVER\DATABASE\SNCFXE2.ORA';
>>>
>>> RMAN> backup datafile 1;
>>>
>>> Starting backup at 21-AUG-18
>>> allocated channel: ORA_DISK_1
>>> channel ORA_DISK_1: sid=195 devtype=DISK
>>> channel ORA_DISK_1: starting full datafile backupset
>>> channel ORA_DISK_1: specifying datafile(s) in backupset
>>> input datafile fno=00001 name=D:\DATA\ORACLE\ORADATA\XE\SYSTEM.DBF
>>> channel ORA_DISK_1: starting piece 1 at 21-AUG-18
>>> channel ORA_DISK_1: finished piece 1 at 21-AUG-18
>>> piece handle=D:\BACKUP\ORACLE\FLASH_RECOVERY_AREA\XE\BACKUPSET\201
>>> 8_08_21\O1_MF_
>>> NNNDF_TAG20180821T074350_FQR996K2_.BKP tag=TAG20180821T074350

>>> RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============

--
//
zztat - The Next-Gen Oracle Performance Monitoring and Reaction Framework!