Re: rman fail on backup control file

From: Leng <lkaing_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 17:39:00 +1000

What do you meany by ‘my Rman backups are failing everyday’? Is it the entire backup or just the last part where it tries to do an autobackup?

You could try turning on debug as follows:

Rman> debug on;
Rman> spool trace to ‘c:\temp\ctl.debug;
Rman> backup current control file;
Rman> spool trace off

Please email the trace file and output from the above and I’ll have a quick look...

Cheers,
Leng Burgess.