Re: rman fail on backup control file

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 09:01:47 -0400

Space. The final frontier. I am usually reluctant to point to the shortage of space, because that should be obvious and some people react quite negatively to such suggestions. Another possibility is disk error. The instance in question is 10G XE, which is rather old. Jeff may have a disk problem without knowing. In both cases, I wholeheartedly support your recommendation to create control file snapshot on another drive.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant