Re: rman fail on backup control file

From: LK <lkaing_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 16:00:08 +1000

If it's the snapshot controlfile you can simply point it to a new location and name, eg:

RMAN> CONFIGURE SNAPSHOT CONTROLFILE NAME TO 'F:\DBA\SNAPCF_XE.F'; And take a backup - this should genereate a new snapshot controlfile:

RMAN> backup spfile;

I'd also get the sysadmin to do hardware/os/firmware check of the server in case this is just the tip of the iceberg... is there corruption in the underlying hardware/storage/firmware etc.