Re: Exadata migration single-instance discussion

From: Franck Pachot <franck_at_pachot.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 08:11:38 +0200

Hi you can not duplicate directly to a PDB but if you have a standby non-CDB and an empty CDB you can

  • Open the standby
  • generate unplug .xml with dbms_pdb
  • stop it
  • plug (nocopy) it to the CDB
    • run the noncdb_to_pdb to convert the dictionary to a PDB one

Test it to check the time (it is highly cpu intensive) but this doesn’t touch the data to time do not depend on the size.

Regards,
Franck