Re: Auto Stats Job

From: Sanjay Mishra <"Sanjay>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 04:32:43 +0000 (UTC)

 Sachin
Degree setting on all schema objects is 1 and when I ran manually with 12 Degree, I was able to complete the stats in 3hr 10 min with 3-4 test done to double check . While running the Auto stats it timed out on daily basis and while checking the details of the stats, I found 90% of time was spent on only one objects and so allocated 3.5 hr out of 4 hr going there on daily basis. I had resource manager and most priority to SYS jobs. Also this is not scenario in one environment, I found now the same issue in multiple 12.1.0.2 environment where almost 2-3 days the auto job timing out Sanjay

    On Thursday, August 9, 2018, 10:11:17 AM EDT, sachin pawar <getsach_at_gmail.com> wrote:

 hi Sanjay,
Can you show more details of what you are seeing.  When running the job manually how much degree are you seeing?Have you configured the resource manager?

Rgds,Sachin Pawarhttps://twitter.com/sach_pwr

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 5:17 PM Sanjay Mishra <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org> wrote:

Hi Experts
I had question on Auto Stats job in 12c which is running for 4hr now from 10pm to 2am. I had multiple heavy used environment where lost of objects shows up for stale stats and the job failed to finish in 4 hr and so multiple critical table stats were not collected. If I am running the job as manually then can have more degree and can finish the job in less than 4 hr. So how Oracle allocated Degree when Degree defined for all database objects is 1 and what can be done to update like preference or so to complete the auto job in time. Don;t want to add layer by using cron RgdsSanjay