Re: MANAGED STANDBY PROBLEM

From: LK <lkaing_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 10:33:17 +1000

Woah, it took me a long time to figure out what the error message was. Found this note in my oracle support:

    LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_<> DEPENDS UPON ME, BUT MY DESTINATION INDEX <> DOES NOT MATCH IT (Doc ID 1308804.1)

It looks like information message due to log_archive_trace. So you need to turn it off at both the primary and standby:

    SQL> alter system set log_Archive_trace=0;

As for the strange v$archive_dest_status, please show us what's wrong with it. Have you looked at v$managed_standby, v$archived_log?

HTH, Leng.