Changing NTP Server Information - Exadata X7-2 Storage Cell - ILOM only

From: Rajesh Aialavajjala <r.aialavajjala_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 18:34:21 -0400

I am dealing with an alert that is cropping up owing to a mismatch in NTP information between the ILOM on an X7-10 storage cell vs what is contained inside /opt/oracle.cellos/cell.conf...

/opt/oracle.cellos/cell.conf

10.11.12.13

ILOM show /SP/clients/ntp/server/1

  /SP/clients/ntp/server/1

    Targets:

    Properties:

        address = time.dummy.com

So the issue is that there's a disagreement between cell.conf and the ILOM...time.dummy.com resolves to 10.11.12.13 but ipconf likes to be literal...

Here are my questions

  1. Given that the change needs to be made to the ILOM - can I use the "
    /opt/oracle.cellos/ipconf.pl -ilom set" to fix the ILOM values ?

Does this require a reboot of the storage cell - Steps to shut down or reboot an Exadata storage cell without affecting ASM (Doc ID 1188080.1) ?

2) Is it an option to set the ILOM property using "set
/SP/clients/ntp/server/1/ address="?

I am not attempting to have someone tell me how to safely 'break' the functioning of this machine - just trying to understand how ILOM settings factor in when it comes to changes like this...

I'd appreciate your thoughts...

Thanks,

--Rajesh