Re: Re: SQL performance in prod

From: <l.flatz_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 09:50:06 +0200 (CEST)

Andy,
I agree to some extend.
We know:
the two plans are close in cost, otherwise the plan would not flip back and forth in reality the two plans are have a very different run time, therefore the both cost estimate must be incorrect since the cost estimate must the wrong, the cardinality is likely wrong too Therefore cardinality feedback will lead to right at source of the problem Conclusion: all you need are the actual rows e.g. from runtime stats or from sql monitor No witch doctors, no guesses, just facts Thanks
Lothar