RE: Python for Oracle Database

From: <post.ethan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 16:41:00 -0500

Best bet is to make sure each script has a shbang in it, rename them all to .py and then use the time you free up to find a new employer. I am kidding (almost not however) of course.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> On Behalf Of Balwanth B Sent: Friday, June 29, 2018 10:31 AM
To: niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com
Cc: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: Python for Oracle Database

Thanks Steve - will look into that .

HI Niall- Yes thats correct. My management says no for SH or KSH anymore. We need to make some changes in the current RMAN script, so I was asked to rewrite and push new RMAN script written in python.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 29, 2018, at 7:55 AM, niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com <mailto:niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> wrote:

What do you mean by "rewrite our RMAN backup script"?. Do you mean replace a working shell script with a python script, or something else?

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 2:40 AM Balwanth B <balwanthdba_at_gmail.com <mailto:balwanthdba_at_gmail.com> > wrote:

I am trying to learn some Python and rewrite our RMAN backup script in Python. Can someone guide me where I can get this started ?

Thanks,

Balwanth

--

Niall Litchfield