Re: Oracle Limits

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 13:17:10 -0400

On 06/29/2018 05:16 AM, nilesh kumar wrote:
> Hello Gurus,
>
> Could any one please forward the doc or metalink note no for
> 1. Why the datafile size can grow max to 32 gb for a 8k block size

It can grow even more. You can have big file tablespaces which can use files much larger than 32GB.

> 2. What happens internally when we click on create database button,
> which files are picked up by Oracle I know some .bsq scripts are
> called from the admin directory but how it works inside oracle.

Many things happen. Data dictionary is created and installation scripts are run for all the add on components, like text search, XML, multi-media and alike.

> 3.more over I want to understand the Oracle binaries in dept, what is
> meant for what..why the Binaries are so hughe in size after
> installation, what other information it is having.

Because Oracle is a very complex database and it takes a lot of code to create all these features.

> 4. Any many more questions like this....

And the answer is 42.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant