Re: cursor: pin S wait on X querying data dictionary

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 16:50:21 +0200 (CEST)

Hey Chris,
this should be a pretty easy one as you are already on an Oracle version >= 12.1.0.2.160419 (PSUApr2016) - fix_control #16923858. An example of this enhancement can be found on one of my slides (slide 19): http://www.soocs.de/public/talk/160616_DOAG_Regio_NUE_Identifying_Performance_Issues_Beyond_The_Oracle_Wait_Interface_PPT.pdf

Just create a cost based optimizer trace for this SQL and you see where the time is lost while parsing. Franck Pachot has also published some nice parsing script for this enhancement: https://blog.dbi-services.com/cbo-parse-time-match-time-with-transformation/

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Independent Oracle performance consultant and researcher Website: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK