Re: Mysterious high consistent gets;

From: Tim Gorman <tim.evdbt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 13:16:22 -0600

There is likely a big difference in overall conditions between when you run the query yourself versus how it is running out "in the wild" by LoadRunner.

For example, in LoadRunner, are you also having other sessions (or the same sessions) also performing data modification on the table(s) that this query is scanning?

If so, then a fair portion of your "consistent gets" are likely coming from undo segments, not from table/index segments, as the query executed under LoadRunner is having to rebuild the consistent image at the point-in-time when the query began while updates/deletes/merges are happening concurrently.

In contrast, when you are running the query by yourself for testing with autotrace and tkprof, there are probably no modifications to the table(s) going on, so "consistent gets" are very simple and relatively inexpensive.