Re: Explain Plan and Security

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 17:02:33 +0000

It took a bit of time to find because I'd remembered it incorrectly.

The thing I had in mind was about the decision to use (or not) serial direct path reads for segment scans. It used to be based on the segment HWM, but changed to the object level stats in 11.2, with a controlling parameter (Tanel has a note https://blog.tanelpoder.com/2012/09/03/optimizer-statistics-driven-direct-path-read-decision-for-full-table-scans-_direct_read_decision_statistics_driven/ ) so not relevant in your case.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Lothar Flatz <l.flatz_at_bluewin.ch> Sent: 17 June 2018 15:55
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Explain Plan and Security

Hi Jonathan,

yes, we are currently thinking of such a solution. Would be great if you could dig up the events.
An other approach would be a thin clone. But that would actually just circumvent the words of the security statement, but violate the meaning.

Regards and thanks

Lothar