Explain Plan and Security

From: <l.flatz_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 14:36:46 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,
you might know Kerry´s classic blog: http://kerryosborne.oracle-guy.com/2008/10/explain-plan-lies/. Normally my work around for explain plan issues is to run the query and use dbms_xplan.display_cursor. Now I am working in an environment where I must not run a query, but I can do explain plan. But still I think I can not tolerate explain plan weaknesses. I think it should be possble to use DBMS_SQL to parse a statement and receive a proper plan without actually running the statement. Then use dbms_xplan.display_cursor.
Before I spent time, has anybody done it already? Regards
Lothar