RE: Anyone use a GREAT data redaction/scrubbing tool for Cloned DBs?

From: Reen, Elizabeth <"Reen,>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2018 14:35:44 +0000

                We did a POC of this and it worked well.  You need to do a lot of configuration, but it is really worthwhile.  We did not buy because the corporate cloud does not support it. ☹

Liz

Elizabeth Reen
CPB Database Group Manager

Service Now Group: CPB-ORACLE-DB-SUPPORT

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Hans Forbrich Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2018 5:58 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Anyone use a GREAT data redaction/scrubbing tool for Cloned DBs?

Oracle does have a Data Masking and Subsetting Pack that works through the Enterprise Manager. It is designed to handle both the consistent subset across tables, and the sensitive data masking that is often also required with using extracts from prod as demos.

/Hans
disclaimer: I work for Oracle. My opinions, however, are my own.

On 2018-06-07 3:36 PM, Chris Taylor wrote: I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions for a product that does Data Scrubbing for cloned DBs?

Trying to extract data from a 70 TB db for a small demo db is a major pain.

Chris