Re: Oracle 12.2 logins hang

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 21:13:59 +0200 (CEST)

Hey Chris,
that's true. In addition you would see the blockers in case of the ("new") built-in password protection feature. I have blogged about this some time ago: https://blogs.sap.com/2012/11/10/oracle-wait-event-library-cache-lock-by-design-or-how-to-slow-down-the-database-engine/

However as mentioned you already created a systemstate dump and so you can follow the lock address / state object for further analysis.

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Independent Oracle performance consultant and researcher Website: http://www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK