Re: Oracle 12.2 logins hang

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 11:38:07 -0500

Do you have any locked accounts that are being attempted to be logged in to? OR, heavy attempts with invalid passwords?

 There's a known issue where sessions that bang away at locked accounts (or with invalid passwords) cause a basic DoS -like scenario where no users can login.

You may want to turn on login audits to see if you're getting a lot of failed logins for a particular account.

As far as I know this problem still exists in 12c.

High 'library cache lock' Wait Time Due to Invalid Login Attempts (Doc ID 1309738.1)
Chris