Performance in 12.2

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_westnet.com.au>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 09:07:44 +1000

Is anyone aware of performance issues in 12.2 as opposed to 12.1, in particular related to the speed of creating tablespaces, schemas, tables and PL/SQL objects? Trying to see why those operations might be running slower in 12.2. Looking at AWR/ASH reports, the system is running flat strap on CPU when recompiling large numbers of PL/SQL objects (as I would expect), but no waits etc. that I can determine to be problematic. Just wondering if there is an issue around that which I have not been aware of yet.

Not a lot of detail there I know, but this particular site is rather hard to get information out of – just a perceived slow down in the same operations after upgrade to 12.2. ☹

Pete