Re: IO Freeze ON RHEL 6.6 and hence high log file sync

From: Purav Chovatia <puravc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 22:50:02 +0530

Hi Stefan,
Can you pls elaborate "what does DM-multipather say".

I dont think there are any failing paths because the storage logs and/or dmesg would have reported that. Neither did.

This happened in January then directly in April. So we moved the application to DR site and next day it happened at DR site too. So I am least suspecting it to be hardware issue. We switched back to the primary site (after doing the huge page changes) and since then it has been fine.

Can you pls elaborate on "blktrace to drill down". Can it help when the problem is not happening? For eg it happened for a few minutes (3 minutes) on those 3 occassions and then it has been fine.

Many thanks