add an active database into three directional streams

From: james Jose <josej8661_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 10:24:54 -0500

Hello, Please help

current environment:site1 and site2 are active -active bi-directional streams but minimal DML changes on site2.we are building site3, first as a physical standby database from site1 and get it synced.

step1.stop streams apply on site1 from site2

step 2. after step1, get the applied_message_number at site1 (from site2) and will use this to instantiate site3 for site2

step3. stop physical standby on site3 and make it test database(READ/WRITE MODE) step4. configure streams capture/apply/propagation on all three sites for schemas

step5.get dbms_flashback.get_system_change_number from site3(immediatly after site3 is converted to test database(READ/WRITE MODE) and use this flashback_scn to instantiate site3 for site1.(since it was a physical standby database, this scn will match )

step 6. use the scn from step 5 to instantiate site1 and site2 for site3

step7. use the scn from step2 to instantiate site3 for site2.

steo8. start streams

Hope this works and all changes from site 1 and site 2 will start propagate over to site3 and vice versa.Please verify it and let me know and mainly step 5 is what my concern is

The concern is whether the converted physical standby will have same SCNs as it's former primary, let say when calling dbms_flashback.get_system_change_number, will SCNs at physical standby be the same as its primary database ? because I can take that only after

[...]

The concern is whether the converted physical standby will have same SCNs as it's former primary, let say when calling dbms_flashback.get_system_change_number, will SCNs at physical standby be the same as its primary database ? because I can take that only after site3 is converted to test database(READ/WRITE MODE) and still that scn number is good to instantiate site3 for site1 and hope I wont loose any transaction from site1 after streams is up .

Thank you
Jose