Backup to AWS Using RMAN

From: David Barbour <david.barbour1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 12:28:44 -0500

Good Morning,

We have had a number of incidents with Oracle Cloud Storage and are not planning on renewing when our contract expires. Currently - and for the past 10 days - we have not been able to perform backups as we have for the second time in less than six months experienced an 'account issue' where our contracted 20TB of space has been re-allocated to zero.

I'd like to be able to back up to AWS, but cannot even think of approaching management with either the cost or thought of purchasing an Oracle product such as Oracle Secure Backup at this point.

Has anyone used RMAN to back up to AWS EC2, EBS, EFS or S3 in conjunction with a catalog?

Seems to me there are several ways to approach this. It would be a great help if anyone has some insight.