Re: Anyone know any WP which explains about FTS vs Index Scan?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 21:39:06 -0400

Full Table Scan, or "the scan of the beast" is devil's invention.  Whoever allows it in the applications will be condemned to the eternal damnation and administration of Oracle database on MS Windows. Anathema FTS!

Joking aside, there is a purpose to both. Have you considered reading any book by Tom Kyte? Reading Tom Kyte's books is not illegal, is not immoral and doesn't make you fat. It is also fairly likely to extend your understanding of Oracle RDBMS in particular and also of general design principles. Just type "Tom Kyte" in the Amazon search field and select "Books". Amazon is a horrible company which uses USPS as a delivery service. I would buy those books while Amazon still exists.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant