Re: oracle binaries and datafiles

From: Neil Chandler <neil_chandler_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2018 17:40:57 +0000

Using the ASM Filter driver can help protect against most casual admin accidents, like dd-ing you device into oblivion, or runaway “cleanup” scripts - but nothing can stop a determined admin who has an experience bucket not yet full, and a leaky luck bucket.

Neil.
sent from my phone

> On 2 Apr 2018, at 16:50, Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com> wrote:
>
> Point well taken.
>
> There is some value, but not real security, in forcing a sysadmin off her meds (or simply incompletely trained) to destroy a whole mount point in that you might at least force some conscious thought and evade trivial cleanup shell scripts.

> A determined agent with the requisite authority can destroy pretty much anything.
>
> mwf

i0zX+n{+i^ Received on Mon Apr 02 2018 - 19:40:57 CEST

Original text of this message