Duplicate DB

From: Sanjay Mishra <"Sanjay>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 13:36:04 +0000 (UTC)

Hi
Need some expert advice on Oracle Duplication database command. I had 20Tb multitenant database where the need to recover some old data for multiple schema and so restoring one out of 5 pluggable to new Server and is Exadata server. Started the restore using Tape and it has to restore 2.5 Tb and failed after 500 files due to one missing Path in ASM and so added the directory and started again and saw it skipped those 500 files. It then worked and completed the restore and then started the Recover with Archivelog and failed after few recoveries due to Shared pool error.  Restarted again but then it skipped some file but had to restore more than 300 files which even skipped in the second attempt. Is it because those might be recovered to new SCN as some recovery was done. Again it failed at the even end while creating Redolog as missing online log. Can I use the environment at this stage without going for another Restart of Duplicate? like adding Log file manually and doing any recover or open reset logs. I can see the PDB I am looking is still shown as some UNDEFINED name Anyway I restarted the Restore again and it is using the same controlfile backup to restore and started but this time restoring all files and didn't skipped any. SO again the question is if this comes due to Recovery completed earlier. Please share your thought on the process for better understanding TIA Sanjay